Read about the life and work of the Attingham Wardens

Attingham Park is a National Trust property comprising of an 18th Century mansion set in a Repton landscape; the Park and wider Estate includes a deer park, walled garden, several miles of the rivers Severn and Tern, extensive farmland and woodlands.



Monday 13 January 2014

Goodbye Jess!

Hello, I hope a Merry Christmas was had by all and Happy 2014 from me!
Unfortunately this will be my last newsletter piece for Attingham as I’m moving to another position with the National Trust as a Ranger at Cliveden Estate in Buckinghamshire.
I’d like to thank everyone for their support and advice through my time training and working here; Attingham is a fantastic property, full of dedicated people, passionate about conserving the diverse history and nature here and it’s been a pleasure being part of that team.

I’ve had some fantastic experiences here; discovering the varied wildlife and what lurks in the Attingham ponds; building jetties to launch canoe trips and creating new walks; learning skills like hedgelaying and coppicing; and planting hundreds of trees and parking lots of cars. But the highlights have always been our conservation work, the teams here and keeping our Warden volunteers busy!

The NT Academy Ranger training programme has also come to its end for my year group and we will be graduating this month; the location being none other than Attingham! So I’m not disappearing for too long. This training has been the reason I’ve been able to get my new job so I’m very thankful for the chance to take part in it and meet like-minded folks from around the country.

I wish everyone at Attingham all the best for the future and thank you again for being a great team to work with.

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment